SMALL GROUP STUDY
by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
Not everything believed a biblical truth is truly biblical. The authors debunk 12 commonly accepted beliefs that cause bondage rather than liberty. They explain how nuggets of truth become cornerstones for error when wrongly understood, and they help build solid scriptural foundations that produce emotional freedom. Now with discussion guide.
Great study. Used it for small group and it provided great discussion topics. Would highly recommend.
The twelve “Assumptions” that are debunked:
- It’s selfish to have my needs met.
- If I’m spiritual enough, I will have no pain or sinfulness.
- If I change my behavior, I will grow spiritually and emotionally.
- I just need to give it to the Lord.
- One day, I’ll be finished with recovery.
- Leave the past behind.
- If I have God, I don’t need people.
- “Shoulds” are good.
- Guilt and shame are good for me.
- If I make right choices I will grow spiritually.
- Just doing the right thing is more important than why I do it.
- If I know the truth, I will grow.