A Practical Guide to Living a Happy, Rich and Effective Life Taught Through the Bible
by: Samuel Leeds
If you dream to leave a legacy, change culture or be part of building God’s Kingdom; you are one of millions, but for most people it is only a dream. This compact, powerful, no-nonsense approach book, will abolish everything that has previously held you back, whether that be lack of support, money, knowledge or time. Now is the time to step out into your calling and explode into the marketplace, the community and the church. This is more than an information book, but will transform you into a happier, richer and more effective person. (copied)
Practical easy to follow advice
Full of practical insight, with Bible-based scriptural support. Points out how we, as humans, make even simplistic things difficult expecting more from our “worldly ” values instead of focusing on strengthening our eternity. Quick and easy read.
Chapter 1 – Find your Calling
- A life with purpose and meaning where I can feel God’s presence all the time.
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
- We transform our mind by spending quality time with God and reading His word.
- Now my prayer is simply to see things as God sees them and have the courage to act.
- My God given calling is what I see.
- God will guide my steps if I am moving, but standing still is a dangerous place to be.
Chapter 2 – Do the Possible, Watch God do the Impossible
- The bible is filled with accounts of people overcoming problems while walking with the Lord.
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-11
- Working in partnership with God is the key to being truly effective in His Kingdom.
- God wants you to go and He will then go with you. The glory will be His and you will be His partner. If you want the Holy Spirit to show up, stop praying for Him to come. When you go and do God’s work, He will come!
- Working in partnership with God is a humbling experience because He doesn’t need us, but chooses to let us in. Part of the template is always that the result will bring glory to God.
Chapter 3 – Be Careful what you Think
- As a man thinks, he is.
- Do not put your head in the sand and pretend that life never has challenges, but learn to focus on the good and be an overcomer of the bad.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all of his benefits. Psalm 103:2
Chapter 4 – Know your strengths
- List as many strengths you can think of. The things you love doing. The things you are naturally excellent at. 2 things to do with strengths: train yourself to be even better. Fill your diary with it.
- List as many weaknesses you can think of. The things you dread doing. Ask you close friends and family to help. 3 things to do with weakness: scrap it, outsource it, or partner with someone who loves doing it.
Chapter 5 – Get Wisdom
- Wisdom is the application of knowledge
How much better to get wisdom than gold, insight rather than silver! Proverbs 16:16
- Wisdom is being able to apply knowledge.
- Try not to be a person of success, but a person of value.
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:5
Chapter 6 – Drop the Spiritual Baggage
- Everything is spiritual. You cannot put God into a box nor your faith.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
- To glorify means to magnify.
- Glorifying God in living such a way that magnifies Him. In all you say and do, let people see the beauty of Jesus in you, that life may be known.
Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.
So please do not feel guilty about lack of prayer, but take God up on his kind offer and embrace this awesome invite to partner and communicate with the Most High.
Chapter 7 – Be Content, Yet Ambitious
Seek and you will find. Luke 11:9
Ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7
The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent. John 6:29
By his stripes we are healed. Isaiah 58:5
- Jesus did not come to be our example but to take away the sins of the world by giving His life as a sacrifice.
- When we stop messing around trying to save our own souls and accept that Jesus has already done this for us, we can then enjoy helping save others’ souls and moving onto to bigger things.
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation. Philippians 4:12
- Jesus tells us not to worry about a thing but to trust in our Father who will provide.
Chapter 8 – Learn About Money
If you elevate any good thing above God then you will run into problems.
It is impossible for absolutely anybody to get to heaven from his or her own merit, including the rich, and the only way was through Him.
You have to choose: God or Money?
We must have God on the throne. He is the giver of all these wonderful gifts, so to delight in the gifts but fail to acknowledge Him, is a gross sin.
Pulling random verse from the bible that you happen to agree with and then hanging it on your office wall is never a good idea—look at the context.
There is zero correlation between your financial wealth and your spiritual journey.
Make sure God is number one and you are content with Him alone if needs be.
God is in complete control and He is good.
God does not promise you an easy life, but he does promise if you trust Him, it will be a full life and you will have His help to overcome anything that comes your way.
Chapter 9 – Get Financially Free
Essentials – 50%
Give – 10%
Play – 10%
Savings – 10%
Investments – 10%
Education – 10%
Chapter 10 – Run a Good Business (i.e., enterprise, project, ministry, influence)
Four fundamentals to running a good business
- Love your product.
- Know your market.
- Find your market.
- What to say?
Never forget your first love, and keep Christ on the throne and in His rightful place.
Chapter 11 – Join a Network
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.” Proverbs 27:17
Chapter 12 – Live for Eternity
For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. 1 Timothy 6:7
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21
What are heavenly riches? Heavenly riches are things that are eternal. To sow into eternal things, is to sow into people.
God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female. Genesis 1:27
It is impossible to get our head around eternity because all we have ever known is time.
He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:11
Instead of spending time trying to understand eternity, I now spend time trying to understand how I can sow into eternity.
We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19
The greatest way you can leave a legacy and have an eternal purpose is by loving God and loving people.
Everything you say has a consequence.
The tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell. All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil full of deadly poison. James 3:5-8
Everything that is good about earth will be magnified in heaven.
In my father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. John 14:2-3
When you do fall asleep and wake up in your new eternal home, there will be old friends, angels and The Lord God Himself, waiting to give you a rich welcome.
Make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:10-11
When you are a Christian in a relationship with Jesus, eternal life does not begin when you die, it begins now.
Eternal life is being connected to God, who is eternal.